About the Guild
- Our Mission:
- We are on Facebook now. Visit us at Greater Milwaukee Knitting Guild. The Greater Milwaukee Knitting Guild is open to anyone interested in knitting at any level. Our mission is to promote interest, appreciation, and skill in knitting. The Meetings are always the second Tuesday of every month except January and August. Social Hour begins at 6:15 pm. Our “Knitting Doctors” are also available at that time for advice and consultation on your knitting problems. The meeting begins at 7:oo pm followed by the Monthly Program. email us at email@example.com
Saturday, February 8, 2014
February Program and Upcoming Meetings
February Round Robin
See --Listen -- Try....
...knitting techniques explained and demonstrated by your fellow guild members.
Stimulate your curiosity or get questions answered about 4 important knitting patterns
1. Karen L. will show -- Thrumming for mittens
2. Anna P. and Pat H. will show -- Lace Knitting tips and techniques
! ! They ask that you bring needles and a little DK or Worsted weight
yarn if you want to try the lace techniques they will show.
3. Deb P. will explain -- Intarsia and effects of Color choice
4. Betty P. and Anja H.will share -- methods for achieving a Jogless
appearance in Circular knitting. Bring two colors of yarn and 4-5 double point
needles or circular. We're presenting techniques for jog less stripes in the round
and casting on from the middle - disappearing loop method.
See samples and/or try your hand on the needles our "instructors" provide. Each
session is planned by the individual presenter, so expect variety and enthusiasm, and
getting to know each other better.
The chairman will divide us into 4 groups and each group will be assigned to one of the
"technique tables" to start the rotation. After 15 to 20 minutes, she'll will ring a bell and
all groups will move at once to the next station. Everyone will have a chance to see and
hear about each technique.
Our March meeting is unconfirmed at this time.
Our April meeting is our Annual Auction. Time to start getting your purchases and donations together so that we can get off to a rousing good time. Proceeds will go to Speakers and program needs.
May will bring our Third Annual Baby Shower. We will be knitting all things baby needs such as sweaters, blankets, booties, hats and toys. Games and snacks will be provided. All of our items will be donated to the Christ Child Society.
Mary G. who has presented a program in the past for us on Nordic Knitting is
going to host a Walk and Knit event at the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival this year.
She has asked the Guild if we would like to help. She has sent me some links of the
event in Estonia last year. Check them out and we can talk about this briefly at the
meeting so as not to detract from our program.