Lots of Variety at Round Robin
We'll split into 4 groups and rotate through 4 interesting demos of tips and techniques to spice up your knitting. Read closely -- you may want to bring needles and yarn along.
1. Arm Knitting -- a popular new technique. Keep your lap warm as the project grows very quickly. Big stitches with big results. Bring 90 yds of Super Chunky #6 yarn for a 5ft scarf.
2. Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Cast-On, Cast Off -- Socks , shawls, and anything the needs to stretch or lay flat are easier with this innovative technique. A resource every knitter needs.
3. Catch-Stitch for Fair Isle -- Enjoy Fair Isle by minimizing the finishing with a special way to handle the ends left by various color strands. Eliminate the need to twist the yarn while knitting.
4. Make-Your-Own Yarn Buttons -- A demo of the tools and techniques needed to make colorful buttons. Now you can make unique buttons just for your projects in any color you want. Watch Anna make one and get the handout with all the instructions you'll need to remember the process.
About the Guild
- Our Mission:
- We are on Facebook now. Visit us at Greater Milwaukee Knitting Guild. The Greater Milwaukee Knitting Guild is open to anyone interested in knitting at any level. Our mission is to promote interest, appreciation, and skill in knitting. The Meetings are always the second Tuesday of every month except January and August. Social Hour begins at 6:15 pm. Our “Knitting Doctors” are also available at that time for advice and consultation on your knitting problems. The meeting begins at 7:oo pm followed by the Monthly Program. email us at email@example.com